The Importance Of Fighting Traffic Violations
It is not uncommon to think of traffic violations as “no big deal.” People think of speeding tickets or related violations as relatively minor in importance compared to homicide or drug charges, for example. However, traffic violations can be quite serious in their own right, and even simple speeding and parking tickets can result in the loss of your driving privileges if there are multiple offenses.
It is important to fight traffic violations aggressively. Attorney Stacy Levy of Stacy Levy Law, LLC, is a compassionate advocate with over two decades of legal experience serving clients in Lawrenceville and the surrounding Georgia counties. She will help you fight the charges you’re facing to keep your driving record as clean as possible and to prevent excessive penalties and jail time.
Handling Cases From Parking Tickets To Vehicular Homicide
The firm handles traffic violation cases that include:
- Vehicular homicide: Vehicular homicide is a violent crime involving a motor vehicle, and the penalties are serious. Related charges like hit-and-run are also quite serious. Stacy Levy Law, LLC, can help you get out of these charges.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol is a serious offense in Georgia, especially if the amount of alcohol in your system is unusually high or if you have been convicted of the crime before. The firm will fight to protect your rights if you’ve been charged with DUI.
- Suspended license offenses: Driving on a suspended license can bring serious penalties. Attorney Stacy Levy helps clients fight charges that could result in the loss of license, and she helps clients through the process of re-obtaining their driving privileges.
- Speeding: Going above the posted speed limit is a violation of traffic rules. It’s a simple concept, but things get more complicated in practice. Driving above the speed limit will increase fines and other penalties. Speeding through a construction zone or a school zone can increase the penalties. Georgia has a “super speeder” designation for charges for those caught driving over 85 mph (or more than 75 mph on a two-lane road or highway). The super speeder designation brings at least $250 in additional fines and fees.
- Offenses related to traffic accidents: In addition to vehicular homicide, there are many offenses related to traffic accidents. Reckless driving, illegal passing and tailgating are just a few common examples.
This is a small sampling of the types of cases the firm handles. If you are dealing with any kind of traffic violation, talk with an experienced lawyer to get the help you need.
Contact Stacy Levy Law, LLC
Do not wait. Traffic violations can build up and cause you unnecessary stress and possible penalties that you do not need. Fight back aggressively with an experienced attorney on your side. Call Stacy Levy Law, LLC, at 770-415-5451 or contact the firm online today.